7 08 2008
Professional SharePoint 2007 Development
Okay, I’m back in business again after W:O:A 2008 that rocked my brains out (in a good means, of course). As I can see from comments of my SharePoint series plan there is really hard need for development series, so after the fast start of working period is over I will start writing this serie. But before that I have to do something I promised before – description of great book titled as Professional SharePoint 2007 Development.
This book is pretty heavy and at first sight it is good enough to use as weapon for self defence. But this book rocks hard. It is written by famous authors and it covers most topics you need to know about SharePoint 2007 development. Okay, there are also some chapters covering Windows SharePoint Services topics but most of this book is about SharePoint Server 2007 Standard and Enterprise edition features.
One of the best things about this book is that this is good study pack for 70-542 Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 – Application Development exam. You can read more about this exam from my blog entry 70-542 – Done! This exam is not easy one and it expects you know how stuff works on code level. So take this book, try out things it discovers and you get this complex exam done.
Besides good explanations of SharePoint 2007 technologies this book has also a lot of code examples that help you understand how to use features like BDC, search and records management on code level.
You can also keep this book on table when developing SharePoint 2007 applications – if you have questions this book have answer for sure. Or at least it points out the correct direction.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 – The Microsoft Application Platform and SharePoint
- Chapter 2 – MOSS 2007 Overview for Developers
- Chapter 3 – The SharePoint User Experience
- Chapter 4 – WSS v3 Platform Services
- Chapter 5 – Programming Windows SharePoint Services
- Chapter 6 – A Sample Collaboration Solution
- Chapter 7 – RSS, Blogs, and Wikis
- Chapter 8 – Building Personalized Solutions
- Chapter 9 – Using Enterprise Search
- Chapter 10 – Using the Business Data Catalog
- Chapter 11 – Building Document Management Solutions
- Chapter 12 – Building Records Management Solutions
- Chapter 13 – Building Web Content Management Solutions
- Chapter 14 – Electronic Forms in MOSS 2007
- Chapter 15 – Building Workflow Solutions
- Chapter 16 – Business Intelligence and SharePoint Server 2007
- Appendix A: Using the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Extension for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0