22 11 2008
TechEd 2008 Developers – Workflow Foundation 4.0
Windows WorkFlow Foundation 4.0 has some new cool things to offer. I visited one of David Chappell sessions where he told us about "Dublin", "Oslo" and WF 4.0. It was very interesting session and I got all information I expected.
I also digged some information from web and here is the list of main new features of 4.0.
- Development of workflows is easier than before.
- WF 4.0 has new workflow designer.
- There will be new activities available (data accessing activities, PowerShell commands).
- New workflow type – Flowchart. Flowchart is simpler than state-machine workflow and more complex than sequential workflow. It is something between those two.
- All aspectes of workflow can be represented declaratively. This is achieved by using XAML as workflows mark-up language.
- Performance of WF 4.0 should be very good when comparing to previous versions.