31 07 2009
ASP.NET MVC 2 Preview 1 is released!
ASP.NET MVC 2 first preview is released to public now and you can download it from Microsoft download site. Here is short overview of technical requirements and main new features of ASP.NET MVC 2 Preview 1.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008,
- .Net Framework SP 1,
- Visual Studio 2008, Visual Studio 2008 SP1, or Visual Web Developers 2008 SP1
- areas support – allows to group and partition functionality in large ASP.NET MVC applications,
- DataAnnotation validation support – ASP.NET MVC 2 is able to use same data annotation mechanism as ASP.NET Dynamic Data and .NET RIA Services do,
- strongly typed UI helpers – let you use strong-typed lambda expressions when referencing the view template’s model object,
- UI Helper templating support – new methods to bind custom editors and displays to model properties,
- other cool features – find out by yourself 🙂
- Download page
- ASP.NET MVC V2 Preview 1 Released (Scott Guthrie)
- ASP.NET MVC 2 Preview 1 Released (Phil Haack)
- ASP.NET MVC 2 Preview 1 Released (Scott Hanselman)