29 01 2018
ASP.NET paging solution available at GitHub
Paging of data in ASP.NET and ASP.NET Core applications is timeless topic. It is invented over and over again and asked all the time in forums all over the world. Years ago I worked out kind of universal solution with reusable UI artifacts and I’m using these pieces this far. As ASP.NET Core is gaining more and more popularity I decided to start my sample solution with .NET Core and add full ,NET Framework and ASP.NET MVC 5 support later if asked.
Paging sample solution is available at GitHub repository gpeipman/DotNetPaging. Please feel free to check it out and use the code if it works for you. Please keep feature requests and issues at GitHub issue tracker for paging project.
What’s included in paging solution?
My solution currenlty contains the following:
- General pager classes for data and presentation layer
- MS SQL Server scripts for sample database
- ASP.NET Core 2 application with Entity Framework Core 2
- Pager view component
- Paging with models mapped using AutoMapper
Over time I plan to add new popular data sources to solution so paging for most important sources will be covered.
More about paging
Before building this solution I wrote some posts about paging I suggest you to read:
- Building Pager view component (Gunnar Peipman)
- Paging with Entity Framework Core (Gunnar Peipman)
- Returning paged results from repositories using PagedResult (Gunnar Peipman)