Porting ASP.NET applications to Windows Azure
Hosting applications on Windows Azure is simple but there are things to change when cloud-enabling existing web applications because cloud is conceptually different than on-premises or shared hosting environment. This sessions goes through main issues one will face when moving applications to cloud. Real-life examples provide elegant solutions to problems and through demos the audience will see how to deploy applications to cloud and how to test and run cloud and hybrid applications on your development machine.
Target audience: developers, architects
- Quick overview of cloud and hybrid environments
- Quick overview of Visual Studio tools for Windows Azure
- Common architectural and design problems in web applications
- Changing code to support multiple environments
- Deploying cloud and hybrid applications