On one of my servers I detected very weird error. There are authenticated users who can add content to some page libraries and modify pages they have made. One day suddenly they were not able to add pages to page library anymore because of Access Denied error.
Well, thanks Google, God and Clinton Cherry for saving my ass this time.
Clinton Cherry has very helpful blog entry about this issue: Fixing ‘Error: Access Denied’ error on creating a new page in MOSS.
- Go to Site Actions -> Site Settings ->Modify all site settings
- Go to Galleries -> Master pages and page layouts
- From the list toolbar, select Settings -> Document library settings
- Select permissions for this document library
- Add ‘Restricted Read’ access to the required groups.
To make robots to swallow this blog entry I give some bold keywords: SharePoint add page access denied