I had a problem when trying to filter WSS 3.0 calendar list by Start Time column. This column doesn’t appear in filtered columns list somewhy. I found solution that smells like dirty hack to me, but at least it solved my problem.
Oooh, this SharePoint is sometimes so kinky…. I’m almost sur ethere is better way to do that but if you are in hurry and need a working hack then here we go!
So, let’s go step by step:
- Open Calendar list settings.
- Add new column called (by example) Begin.
- Choose "Calculated" as a type of new column.
- In the Formula field insert the following formula:
- Select Date and Time as data type of new column.
- Clear check from "Add to default view" checkbox.
- Save the new column.
Now you should be able to use the column called Begin instead of Start Date when you need to filter calendar list.